Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MKG

Default VBA Stops Responding....

We are using Word 2003 on Windows XP. We used to be Word 2000 on Windows NT.

On both systems, I've heard from a couple of users that when trying to run
templates which contain vba code, the templates simply open instead of
running. This is not user error - they are running the templates correctly.
It's not a template problem - these are firm-generated templates which are
the same across the board. It's not a code problem - for the same reason,
and because the code is quite different in each of the templates.

Unfortunately, the problem is so sporadic that I've never been able to
connect to a user while it's occurring. And typically after a restart,
everything is fine again.

This leads me to believe that it's a system resource issue or something like
that. But in spite of googling the hell out of this, it seems that we're the
only place in the world who has ever had this problem.

Help! This isn't a huge problem, but I want to get to the bottom of it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Look in Tools Macro Security. If the "Trust all installed add-ins and
templates" box on the second tab is unchecked (and if the security level is
set to High or Very High, which is the default), no macros can run in that
copy of Word. Check that box, and make sure the template is stored in the
folder listed as the User Templates location in Tools Options File
Locations.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman