Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Marylou Marylou is offline

Default i NEED TO DUPLEX FRONT & BACK BUT THEY COME OUT UPSIDE DOWN

I would like to be able to duplex my bulletin direct from Word to the copier.
When I do this one page faces one way and the reverse page is the opposite.
How do I get them facing the same way without printing each side then turning
the paper around and printing the other side?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

It is intriguing that you used the term 'copier' - if you're actually able
to print directly to a copier that does double-sided photocopying that is
*not necessarily* the same as Duplex printing. Duplex printing is a feature
of the printing device, not Word. Check the settings for the printer to see
if they are (or can be) appropriately configured for what you are trying to
do.

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"Marylou" wrote in message
I would like to be able to duplex my bulletin direct from Word to the
copier.
When I do this one page faces one way and the reverse page is the
opposite.
How do I get them facing the same way without printing each side then
turning
the paper around and printing the other side?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If your printer accepts PCL commands, you may be able to use a PRINT field.
A PRINT field is simply a type of field that allows you to send instructions
directly to the printer.

There are 3 possible data values for duplex setting: PRINT 27"&l0S" simplex
PRINT 27"&l1S" vertical duplex . PRINT 27"&l2S" horizontal duplex
(bookformat)

The codes after PRINT are 27 (escape), double quote, ampersand, lowercase L,
0, 1 or 2, uppercase S and finally terminated with a double quote.

Thus for horizontal duplex you would insert the following field :
{ PRINT 27"&l2S" }

Otherwise the duplex option would be set from the printer driver properties.