Deon H

Default Page Layout

Hi there,

I am VERY new to MS WORD and am struggling a bit with a few things, one
being page layout.

I have chosen to work on a LANDSCAPE layout with 2 pages per A4-sheet.

What I want is to have the top and bottom margins of all the pages set
at 1.5cm. This I manage to do.

What I can not get right, is the left margin of ALL the pages which have
to be 3cm and the right margins all at 1cm.

This is not for binding as I will cut all the pages in two without
binding, so there is no need for a gutter..

I hope you understand what I need.

Please help me out here.

Regards,
Deon

Deon H

I'm using Word 2003.

Yes, I use the 2Pages per sheet option to do this. The moment I choose
this, there is no Left & Right Margin setup. It changes to inside &
outside.

Deon

TF

Look again. Inside/Outside is actually now the Top and Bottom. Left and
Right are still Left and Right. Unless, of course, you have changed the
orientation setting?

Use Print Preview and select 2x2 pages view. Then you will see exactly what
happens when you change the margins (note that you can change the Page Setup
whilst in Print Preview and see exactly what happens as you make the
changes).

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Deon H" wrote in message
.158...
: I'm using Word 2003.
:
: Yes, I use the 2Pages per sheet option to do this. The moment I choose
: this, there is no Left & Right Margin setup. It changes to inside &
: outside.
:
: Deon
:

Deon H

Sorry for not giving all the details.

I have the page's orientation set to Landscape and set to 2 Pages per
sheet.

I have tried everything with the margins - still no luck.

My idea is in staed to have 5 A4 sized pages in front of me, rather have
2/3 A5 pages in front of me.

Hope this makes sence and thanx for the help.

Regards,

Deon

Deon H

Susanne,

thanx for your help.

I'm using Word 2003 SP1

I'm afraid to tell you that it doesn't work as you have suggested. I'm
wokring with an A4-sheet in LANDSCAPE orientation.

Any other suggestions?

Deon

Yes, I see what you're saying now. Word seems to assume that you want facing
pages. The only workarounds I can think of would be:

1. Create the pages full size, using the required margins (double the ones
you mentioned) and use the "2 pages per sheet" option in the Print dialog.
Luckily, for A4/A5, this works out well (US sizes don't scale as well).

2. Use "2 pages per sheet" as you've been doing, setting both Inside and
Outside margins to 1 cm and adding a 2 cm left indent to all your paragraph
styles.

"Deon H" wrote in message
.158...
Susanne,

thanx for your help.

I'm using Word 2003 SP1

I'm afraid to tell you that it doesn't work as you have suggested. I'm
wokring with an A4-sheet in LANDSCAPE orientation.

Any other suggestions?

Deon

Deon H

Suzanne,
thanx for the reply. I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Thanx for your help.

Deon
Deon H

suzanne,

I have tried Option 1 and I think it's a good work around. All that happens
now that I don;t like, is it's scaling my text size as well.

I normally work with 12pt - is there any option to tick / un-tick when
printing?

Regards,

Deon
TF

Unfortunately, with any of the above methods, because you are squeezing 2
pages on 1 sheet, its going to scale down the contents to fit.

To keep full size, you are going to need to divide the full sized page into
2 areas (say with a three row table using Exact Row height - the middle row
being the margin) and creating the document as though they are two separate
pages.

Terry

"Deon H" wrote in message
.158...
: suzanne,
:
: I have tried Option 1 and I think it's a good work around. All that
happens
: now that I don;t like, is it's scaling my text size as well.
:
: I normally work with 12pt - is there any option to tick / un-tick when
: printing?
:
: Regards,
:
: Deon

That's the part that I would find dicey: you have to construct everything
twice as big because it's going to be halved. So you'll have to use 24-pt
type if you want it to come out 12, and so on. You can change the default
font size for a single document by modifying the Normal style and *not*
checking the box for "Add to template."

"Deon H" wrote in message
.158...
suzanne,

I have tried Option 1 and I think it's a good work around. All that

happens
now that I don;t like, is it's scaling my text size as well.

I normally work with 12pt - is there any option to tick / un-tick when
printing?

Regards,

Deon

Deon H

Thanx again,

I have played around and found 18pt to be exactly 12 when it has been
scaled down.

Thanx again!

Deon