ThisIsNotMe

Default How to find slide item numbers in a ppt2k file?

Bill Dilworth (MS PPT MVP Team) told me that this post belongs somewhere in
this newsgroup:

I have a word2000 doc with 100 links to slides in ppt files. The links are
created as icons. I want to change some of those links. I go to
"Edit|Links..." in the doc file and see a list of links. How do I know which
line goes with which icon in the doc file? When I click "Change Source" in
the "Edit|Links..." box I get a browser that eventually asks for the item
number that I want to change to. How do I know what the items numbers of the
slides are in the ppt files? I can find out by copying a slide and pasting as
a hyperlink into the doc file and then viewing "Field Codes" in the
Tools|Options" window. But that doesn't help me easily find which of 200 or
more slides belongs to a particular item number.

ThisIsNotMe

Here is the answer:

http://officeone.mvps.org/ppttips/re...sentation.html

Look at the item number in the address box of the Internet Explorer and use
that item number in the Word doc links editor.