Robert11

Default Line Spacing Has Apparently Changed By Itself ? How To Revert Back ?

Hello:

Using Word 2002.

Always something new.

On adding to a previously created document, my line spacing
has now gone to twice what it was before, or what I would term a normal
spacing.

What might have happened ?

How do I get it to go back to a regular, normal, spacing ?

Thanks,
Bob

Stefan Blom

On the Format menu, click Paragraph. Click the Indents and Spacing
tab. Make sure that Line Spacing is set to "Single". Also make sure
that Space After and Space Before have the appropriate values. If you
don't want any spacing around paragraphs, "appropriate values" would
of course mean 0 (zero) for both. Click OK to close the dialog box.
(The above settings are for the currently selected paragraphs. If you
are using paragraph styles, you should also verify the settings of
those. Note that you can press CTRL+Q to remove paragraph formatting
not in style.)

Another thing to consider is the Vertical alignment of the document.
On the File menu, click Page Setup. Click the Layout tab. Make sure
Vertical alignment is set to "Top", and click OK.

--
Stefan Blom

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello:

Using Word 2002.

Always something new.

On adding to a previously created document, my line spacing
has now gone to twice what it was before, or what I would term a

normal
spacing.

What might have happened ?

How do I get it to go back to a regular, normal, spacing ?

Thanks,
Bob

Luc

Maybe you inadvertently activated the line spacing, I believe the shortcut's
are Ctrl+1, ctrl+2, ctrl+5.
To change back select your text and click on the line spacing button of your
formatting toolbar, it's near the middle, choose whatever linespacing you
want to apply.
If that doesn't take care of it report back.
Luc
"Robert11" schreef in bericht