SMERTZ

Default Error on opening a file

I get the following error when I open some files.

"The command cannot be performed because a dialog box is open. Click OK,
and then close open dialog box to continue"

A snapshot of the error is attached. Can someone tell me what this means,
and how to stop it from happening.

Thank You in advance.

Attached Images

TF

It probably means that you need to disable the Office Plug-in option in
Norton Anti Virus.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"SMERTZ" wrote in message
: Sorry, forgot to mention I'm using word 2003
:
: "SMERTZ" wrote in message
: ...
: I get the following error when I open some files.
:
: "The command cannot be performed because a dialog box is open. Click
OK,
: and then close open dialog box to continue"
:
: A snapshot of the error is attached. Can someone tell me what this
means,
: and how to stop it from happening.
:
:
:
: Thank You in advance.
:
:
:
:
:
:

And note that it is not necessary to post an attachment when you have
already (correctly) quoted the error message. Many NG readers won't be able
to see your attachment, anyway, as most Web forums (including the Microsoft
Communities) prohibit attachments.

"SMERTZ" wrote in message
: Sorry, forgot to mention I'm using word 2003
:
: ...