Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JB JB is offline

Default Word 2007 not opening XPS files; OneNote 2007 not saving in Word;

Because OneNote 2007 does not save an entire notebook in .docx format, I
saved it in xps format, hoping that Word could open the document. It could
not. The error message was: "...cannot be opened because there are problems
with the content." Then I used an empty Word document, save it in xps and
tried to open it. I got the same message. How can I get an entire notebook
into Word or save the notebook in word format? The error message there is
that saving in docx is not supported by OneNote.
Thanks,
JB Dayle
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

On 10 feb, 19:43, JB wrote:
Because OneNote 2007 does not save an entire notebook in .docx format, I
saved it in xps format, hoping that Word could open the document. It could
not. The error message was: "...cannot be opened because there are problems
with the content." Then I used an empty Word document, save it in xps and
tried to open it. I got the same message. How can I get an entire notebook
into Word or save the notebook in word format? The error message there is
that saving in docx is not supported by OneNote.
Thanks,
JB Dayle

XPS is a page layout format, just like PDF. Both formats are not
intended for editing (although there are some minor things which can
be done with it). They are intended for displaying only. You can save
every section or page separately into a docx. You can then merge those
docx.

Yves