Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wpfan wpfan is offline

Default Using find and replace with special character symbols

I would like to use "find and replace" with a special character symbol, the
"no width optional break." Can this be done? I have almost 200 occurrences
of two long words with a slash (/) between them and no spaces in one
document, and I work on documents like this a lot. It doesn't wrap well with
the margins unless I can somehow get a space after the (/) mark that doesn't
look like a space. Any ideas?
Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Here's one way:

- Show hidden characters so you can see what you're doing.
- With the cursor at the start of the document, go to Insert Symbol
Special Characters and insert a no-width optional break in the document.
Close the dialog.
- Select the break character (a small rectangle inside a larger rectangle)
and cut it to the clipboard.
- Open the Replace dialog. Type a slash in the Find What box. Type the
expression /^c in the Replace With box -- the ^c is the code for
"clipboard contents". Click the Replace All button.

For other info, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...Characters.htm.

--
Regards,