madclone

Default How to make Word 2003 stick with UK English as default dictionary.

Can't get Word 2003 to stick with UK English as the default dictionary
language. It's set correctly in Control Panel but each time I start a spell
check then Word reverts to US English and throws up so-called corrections
based on the American language not English. If I change it to UK English it
switches back at the first 'correction'. It's driving me nuts - how do I get
this program to do what *I* want?

If you have formatted AutoCorrect entries that were saved with the U.S.
English language property, they will indeed change the language at the
insertion point, and formatted AutoCorrect entries (which are saved in
Normal.dot) are available regardless of what language you're using. The only
solution may be to delete these entries and recreate them in the correct
language.

"madclone" wrote in message
Can't get Word 2003 to stick with UK English as the default dictionary
language. It's set correctly in Control Panel but each time I start a

spell
check then Word reverts to US English and throws up so-called corrections
based on the American language not English. If I change it to UK English

it
switches back at the first 'correction'. It's driving me nuts - how do I

get
this program to do what *I* want?

Margaret Aldis

To add to this, have a look at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm

Worth making sure everything is in line before you make any changes.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If you have formatted AutoCorrect entries that were saved with the U.S.
English language property, they will indeed change the language at the
insertion point, and formatted AutoCorrect entries (which are saved in
Normal.dot) are available regardless of what language you're using. The
only
solution may be to delete these entries and recreate them in the correct
language.

so
all may benefit.