Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pam C

Default mail merge and data source help

I have a word table set up for mail merge. The data source is an excel
database. One of the columns in excel has numbers with a decimal place
(example: ##.###). When it is merged into word with the mail merge field,
the number comes up (##.###########) even though in excel the column is
formatted correctly. How can I get it to only show 3 numbers after the
decimal. I cannot figure out what is going on because I would think it would
only show what is in the column of excel. Help, and thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

The formatting in Excel is irrelevant and ignored. You need to set the
formatting on the Word field - see