Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dumber than a pocket full of rocks

Default I want to create a book with a link?/tab? index

I want to create a simple book that would be numbered and have as my front
page an index with links? tabs? or what ever, so that I would be able to
click on (example)page 35 and it would be able to take me their. I have
searched help and I am sure that it is there but its a little over whelming
when you don't know what you are looking for.
Please help I need some simple blue collar direction. When it comes to this
I am dumber than a pocket full of rocks

Thank-you for your time and knowledge

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What you probably need is a table of contents, whose entries are by default
hyperlinked to the pages. See
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html

"Dumber than a pocket full of rocks" Dumber than a pocket full of
wrote in message
I want to create a simple book that would be numbered and have as my front
page an index with links? tabs? or what ever, so that I would be able to
click on (example)page 35 and it would be able to take me their. I have
searched help and I am sure that it is there but its a little over

whelming
when you don't know what you are looking for.
Please help I need some simple blue collar direction. When it comes to

this
I am dumber than a pocket full of rocks

Thank-you for your time and knowledge

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrew Andrew is offline

Default index that is not at the left margin

I have a long document that is mostly English but has a lot of Hebrew and is
mostly tables. To create the index I do it section by section. Mostly it
has worked until the end. Now the index that I create is not at the left
margin but rather at the right margin, and so it appears in the display
window before I create it. How do I get it back to the left side?

"Dumber than a pocket full of rocks" wrote:

I want to create a simple book that would be numbered and have as my front
page an index with links? tabs? or what ever, so that I would be able to
click on (example)page 35 and it would be able to take me their. I have
searched help and I am sure that it is there but its a little over whelming
when you don't know what you are looking for.
Please help I need some simple blue collar direction. When it comes to this
I am dumber than a pocket full of rocks

Thank-you for your time and knowledge

how can I create a book with word 2000 nanadeb Page Layout 8 October 29th 08 03:34 PM
Create an index with page numbers and list numbers Atomos Microsoft Word Help 1 August 16th 05 11:39 AM
create address\phone book for visual impaired person Tammy Microsoft Word Help 1 December 15th 04 05:15 PM
Create Index Rob Microsoft Word Help 1 December 1st 04 11:43 PM
how to create an index of alphabetical names? lumi Microsoft Word Help 1 November 25th 04 07:40 PM