Will

Default Why new files open with no "white space" at top & bottom ?

Now when I open a letter size 8 1/2 x 11 document there is no 'white space'
at the top and bottom....

I click Tooks | Options | View | Print & Web layout options | White Space
Between Pages

and it fixes it...

But everytime I open a new document I have to do it again.

How can I get back to my old setting where an 8.5x11 looks like 8.5x11 with
the normal margins and white space at the top & bottom.

thanks for any help - Will

Anne Troy

Try this, Will:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/n...osoft_word.htm

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Will" wrote in message
m...
Now when I open a letter size 8 1/2 x 11 document there is no 'white

space'
at the top and bottom....

I click Tooks | Options | View | Print & Web layout options | White Space
Between Pages

and it fixes it...

But everytime I open a new document I have to do it again.

How can I get back to my old setting where an 8.5x11 looks like 8.5x11

with
the normal margins and white space at the top & bottom.

thanks for any help - Will

Word should be saving the settings in effect when you close Word. If it is
not, then either you need to rebuild the Word Data key in the Registry (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm) or an add-in is
messing with your settings.