norgro2 norgro2 is offline
Junior Member

Default Change toolbar button image

I have added buttons to the Word 2007 toolbar to enable me to run macros. However the buttons all have the same image.

Can I change the image on a toobar button?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is very frustrating! In Word2007, I remember that when I added commands to the QAT, I was able to choose fromm a preexisting array of icons, but when I tried it just now, I couldn't find the procedure! (It's not under "Customize"
in "More Commands ...," where I thought it was!

ISTR in earlier versions you could make your own icons, pixel by pixel. Maybe
they added something in more recent versions.

On Monday, August 18, 2014 7:30:17 AM UTC-4, norgro2 wrote:

I have added buttons to the toolbar to enable me to run macros. However
the buttons all have the same image.
Can I change the image on a toobar button?

norgro2 norgro2 is offline
Junior Member

Thanks Peter for taking time to reply.
Norman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post
This is very frustrating! In Word2007, I remember that when I added commands to the QAT, I was able to choose fromm a preexisting array of icons, but when I tried it just now, I couldn't find the procedure! (It's not under "Customize"
in "More Commands ...," where I thought it was!

ISTR in earlier versions you could make your own icons, pixel by pixel. Maybe
they added something in more recent versions.

On Monday, August 18, 2014 7:30:17 AM UTC-4, norgro2 wrote:

I have added buttons to the toolbar to enable me to run macros. However
the buttons all have the same image.
Can I change the image on a toobar button?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You will have to add the macro command to the Quick Access Toolbar and then
select it; you'll see the Modify button active, letting you choose a
different button image.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

-
I have added buttons to the toolbar to enable me to run macros.
However
the buttons all have the same image.
Can I change the image on a toobar button?-

--
norgro2

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Exactly, custom buttons are for macro commands, only.

Those green round default images are rather useless. :-( Greg Maxey has
found a workaround (see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tip_p...mage_text.html)
but it would be more straightforward if you could do it in the user
interface, of course.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP