ALVIN

Default ELECTRONIC POSTAGE

I currently have electronic postage software installed on my computer,
(STAMPS.COM) however, word does not recognize it. When I try to add
electronic postage to an envelope I get an error stating I have to install
electronic postage
software before I can use this feature. How do I get Word to recognize the
software so I can print postage on envelopes using word?

If they can't tell you how to use their software, what makes you think we
can?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Does stamps.com have a support site?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"ALVIN" wrote in message
I currently have electronic postage software installed on my computer,
(STAMPS.COM) however, word does not recognize it. When I try to add
electronic postage to an envelope I get an error stating I have to

install
electronic postage
software before I can use this feature. How do I get Word to recognize

the
software so I can print postage on envelopes using word?

It seems like it doesn't work, but it actually does. The two links that Word
(2002) offers to insert e-postage, however, does not work and the smarty
pants who answered your post last needs to take a happy pill! If you are in
the Word program and you go to Tools: Labels & Envelopes: and choose and
envelope, address it accordingly, add to document, then click on the
stamps.com icon on your top toolbar. It should bring up the stamps.com login
screen and validate the address. It's a little tricky, but it will work. I
don't think it's a Stamps.com problem, it's a Word problem that Microsoft
needs to fix, or remove the link! Hope this helps - I don't have any problem
printing mass mailings if I do it the right way.

"ALVIN" wrote:

I currently have electronic postage software installed on my computer,
(STAMPS.COM) however, word does not recognize it. When I try to add
electronic postage to an envelope I get an error stating I have to install
electronic postage
software before I can use this feature. How do I get Word to recognize the
software so I can print postage on envelopes using word?

phurst

There are very specific instructions for performing a mass mail merge with
all versions of Microsoft Office or Word in Stamps.com. First, be sure you
are using the latest version, 4.06 (Build 1281) of Stamps.com. From within
the program follow these steps:

1. Select the Tab "Online Support"
2. Select "Features"
3. Select "Integration"
4. Select "Microsoft Office 2000/XP/2003"
5. Select the proper instructions of "How to do a mail merge" for the
version of Word that you are using.

There are some pre-configuration steps that you must follow first to set up
your Word program, but it gives you specific instructions for doing this. It
is best to print out all 5 pages of the instructions for performing the mail
merge first so that you can follow along as you work.

It's not so hard.....!

Hope this helps...