Amir

Default See ugly underlining in Outline View

Hi there,

I am new to the Outline View of Word XP 2002. I have played around and
researched but can't get rid of the grey underlining effect which you
see for a line with length equal to the length of the first subpoint
right under it (in its subtree) when you collapse that parent point.

Here's a snapshot of the expanded version (all file):
http://www.student.cs.uwaterloo.ca/~...h/expanded.gif

And in the following collapsed version you can see the annoying and
distracting underlining:
http://www.student.cs.uwaterloo.ca/~.../collapsed.gif

How can I get rid of this effect?

Thanks,
Amir

PS. I am cross-posting this message to 2 other groups:
microsoft.public.word.newusers AND
microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Stefan Blom

Like the plus sign to the left of the paragraph, the grey underline is
an indication that there is at least one subordinate paragraph. If you
choose to print from Outline View, neither of these indicators will
appear on the printout. Note, however, that if you want an outline to
look good in printed form, you shouldn't use Outline View but instead
apply indents to heading and body text styles.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Amir" wrot ein message