Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Freek Versteijn

Default Include alignment rule feature for moving tables and other objects

Hello,

I've got a suggestion for Office. I often find that moving tables (among
other objects like text box etc.) are hard to align because Word gives you
free hand in moving the object. I would like to see better alignment
features, like those available in the WinForms Designer of Visual Studio 2005.

I hope this will be considered for Office 12 or its successor.
Any questions can be mailed to

Kind regards,

David van Leerdam

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

This functionality is already in Word, in the Drawing Grid dialog box.
On the Drawing toolbar, click Draw, and then click Grid. Select the
"Snap objects to grid" option. Specify the desired Vertical and
Horizontal Spacing. You can even display the grid, if you want to (the
"Display gridlines on screen" option). When you are done, click OK.

Note that the spacing is document-specific, but if you click the
Default button you can add it to the template attached to the current
document. On the other hand, the Snap to options are application-wide
(they are turned on for all documents until you turn them off).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Freek Versteijn" wrote in message
Hello,

I've got a suggestion for Office. I often find that moving tables

(among
other objects like text box etc.) are hard to align because Word

gives you
free hand in moving the object. I would like to see better alignment
features, like those available in the WinForms Designer of Visual

Studio 2005.

I hope this will be considered for Office 12 or its successor.
Any questions can be mailed to

Kind regards,

David van Leerdam

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to

the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click

the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,

follow this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader

and then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message

Note that the spacing is document-specific, but if you click the
Default button you can add it to the template attached to the
current
document. On the other hand, the Snap to options are
application-wide
(they are turned on for all documents until you turn them off).

Correction: I meant to say that the *display* option is
application-wide.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP