Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kara Kara is offline

Default How to edit text in the middle of a form field?

Can I click in a form field and edit part of the text that has been written?
The only way I can find so far to edit text in a form field is to click at
the beginning or the end of a text form field and use the arrow keys on my
keyboard.

Thanks,
Kara
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?S2FyYQ==?=,

Can I click in a form field and edit part of the text that has been written?
The only way I can find so far to edit text in a form field is to click at
the beginning or the end of a text form field and use the arrow keys on my
keyboard.

In a general sort of way it should be possible.

In what version of Word was the form created? Which version of Word are you
using?

Is the form field in "plain text", or somewhere else (table, frame, textbox...)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kara Kara is offline

Cindy,

The form field document was created in Word 2003 and I am trying to edit in
2003. All of the text form fields are stored within a table.

Thanks for your help!

Kara Peterson

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?S2FyYQ==?=,

Can I click in a form field and edit part of the text that has been written?
The only way I can find so far to edit text in a form field is to click at
the beginning or the end of a text form field and use the arrow keys on my
keyboard.

In a general sort of way it should be possible.

In what version of Word was the form created? Which version of Word are you
using?

Is the form field in "plain text", or somewhere else (table, frame, textbox...)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?S2FyYQ==?=,

The form field document was created in Word 2003 and I am trying to edit in
2003. All of the text form fields are stored within a table.

It's not possible to SELECT "bits and pieces" in a form field located in a table.
But I have no problem clicking anywhere in the text and editing (typing/deleting).

Have you done anything "special" to the table or the document?

If you create a new document, insert a table, and a couple of form fields in two
table cells, protect the document as a form, type into the form fields... Can you
edit the text in these form fields more "normally"?

If not, exit Word. Hold down CTRL when starting Word (goes into Safe mode) and
repeat the text. Does Word behave any differently?

Can I click in a form field and edit part of the text that has been written?
The only way I can find so far to edit text in a form field is to click at
the beginning or the end of a text form field and use the arrow keys on my
keyboard.

In a general sort of way it should be possible.

In what version of Word was the form created? Which version of Word are you
using?

Is the form field in "plain text", or somewhere else (table, frame, textbox...)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kara Kara is offline

Cindy,

Thank you for your help, that answers my question! I would like to edit
"bits and pieces". I am able to edit the text it just takes a little more
effort than a simple click and edit in the form field.

Thank you for your time!

Kara

Hi ?B?S2FyYQ==?=,