Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roger Falconer

Default word file to powerpoint

I am trying to convert my lecture notes from a word file to a powerpoint
file. My word file contains text, numerous equations and drawings.

Many thanks for any help.

Roger Falconer
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

You can just copy and paste.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Roger Falconer" wrote:

I am trying to convert my lecture notes from a word file to a powerpoint
file. My word file contains text, numerous equations and drawings.

Many thanks for any help.

Roger Falconer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roger Falconer

Carol

I have tried doing this, but I'm afraid that it is very time consuming
copying text from word to powerpoint. I use Microft Equation Edoitor 5 and
equations come all over the place. Colleagues have had similar problems and
have given up. MAybe I didn't ask the right question. I did meet someone at a
conference once who advised me that there was a relatively cheap software
package for doing this, but I have not found it yet. I have about 1000 pages
to copy and paste.

Any further advice you may be able to give would be appreciated

Regards

Roger Falconer

"Carol" wrote:

You can just copy and paste.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Roger Falconer" wrote:

I am trying to convert my lecture notes from a word file to a powerpoint
file. My word file contains text, numerous equations and drawings.

Many thanks for any help.

Roger Falconer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

According to PPT Help, you should use (in Word) File | Send To | Microsoft
Office PowerPoint. Also, in PPT:

1. In PowerPoint, display the Outline tab. Click the slide icon you want
the outline text to appear after.
2. On the Insert menu, click Slides from Outline.
3. Go to the folder where you've stored the document whose text you want
to use.
4. Double-click the document to insert the text.
Note You can insert text from a .doc, .rtf, .txt, or .htm file. The text
from the .htm file appears on a single slide, in a text box.

I suspect that anyone in the PPT NG could have told you this.

"Roger Falconer" wrote in message
Carol

I have tried doing this, but I'm afraid that it is very time consuming
copying text from word to powerpoint. I use Microft Equation Edoitor 5 and
equations come all over the place. Colleagues have had similar problems

and
have given up. MAybe I didn't ask the right question. I did meet someone

at a
conference once who advised me that there was a relatively cheap software
package for doing this, but I have not found it yet. I have about 1000

pages
to copy and paste.

Any further advice you may be able to give would be appreciated

Regards

Roger Falconer

"Carol" wrote:

You can just copy and paste.