Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Dawn is offline

Default creating a template with just one item repeated through out the pa

I've been struggling with creating a template that has just one item on the
page repeated multiple times (for example, a page of labels with all the same
text on them). I can't figure out a way to do this w/out going through the
labels wizard, and I'd like it to a be a template rather than a custom label
so I could give it to my client without having to update their registry, etc.
I tried using mail merge, but I couldn't figure out how to tell it to just
use the repeat single record. I also tried using custom document properties,
but couldn't figure out how to set up the document to automatically update
the fields when the property value changed. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Dawn
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henk57[_48_] Henk57[_48_] is offline

A hoste table can be used for a label-like repeated text (e.g., a
business card). Wld that help?

--
Henk57
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Dawn is offline

Default creating a template with just one item repeated through out th

I'm sorry, what is a "hoste" table?

It's not the layout that's the problem, it's the repeating of the text. If
I update it one place, I'd like for it to automatically update in the other
instances.

Thanks
Dawn

Dawn;2237898 Wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you have a full page of labels, eg created from the label wizard,
anything you put in the first cell or alter in the first cell will be
transferred to all the other cells using the macro at
http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm
Save the label document as a template and add the macro to that template to
be called from a toolbar button.

Dawn;2237898 Wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henk57[_49_] Henk57[_49_] is offline

Sorry, "host" table, a term that refers to layout.
If you don't like macros, you can create the text in one place and copy
this, paste it as link on other places as many times as you want. The
copied information can be a table or cell as well. In this way you
keep one cell as master (source) and the rest are just slaves.
HTH,
Henk

-