Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug P Doug P is offline

Default auto complete - where in 2007?

In Word 2000 when I typed my name or title it would auto complete the phrase
- where is that feature in 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Doug,

To the bitter dismay of many that feature is gone.

You can still initiate the InsertAutoText command by pressing F3 when you
have type in sufficient characters to indentify the AutoText Entery.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Doug P wrote:
In Word 2000 when I typed my name or title it would auto complete the
phrase - where is that feature in 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Alternatively, if these are text items only, you can create them as
AutoCorrect entries instead (AutoCorrect tab of Tools | AutoCorrect). For
example, I could have AutoCorrect replace "SB" with "Stefan Blom."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Doug P wrote:
In Word 2000 when I typed my name or title it would auto complete the
phrase - where is that feature in 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Autocorrect will insert a lot more than plain text. I tend to use it in
preference to autocorrect using a trigger key shortcut, eg #gm to insert my
signature block including a graphic

Doug P wrote:
In Word 2000 when I typed my name or title it would auto complete
the phrase - where is that feature in 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Of course, I temporarily forgot about the *formatted* AutoCorrect entries.
:-(

Thank you for reminding me.

--
Stefan Blom