chris

Default how do i save a word file as read only?

i want to send a word document as a read only document in an email for
advertising purposes can anyone help me?
Graham Mayor

There is no way that you can stop anyone you allow to view your document
from altering the content and recreating the document. If that is what you
plan, forget it. The best you can manage is to save as a PDF format file,
for which you will need additional software.

chris wrote:
i want to send a word document as a read only document in an email for
advertising purposes can anyone help me?

Jess

Chris
Once you have saved the document, right click on the doc within your folder
and tick the Read Only box.
Jess

"chris" wrote:

i want to send a word document as a read only document in an email for
advertising purposes can anyone help me?

Opinicus

"Jess" wrote

Once you have saved the document, right click on the doc
within your folder
and tick the Read Only box.

That doesn't prevent the document from being changed, only
from being saved with the same name as the original
document. The only real way to achieve what the OP wants to
do is to print the document to an image file (such as JPG).
Even the PDF option is easily circumvented by anyone who's
knowledgeable.

--
Bob

Kanyak's Doghouse
http://www.kanyak.com

Amedee Van Gasse

Opinicus shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.docmanagement:

"Jess" wrote

Once you have saved the document, right click on the doc within
your folder and tick the Read Only box.

That doesn't prevent the document from being changed, only from being
saved with the same name as the original document. The only real way
to achieve what the OP wants to do is to print the document to an
image file (such as JPG). Even the PDF option is easily circumvented
by anyone who's knowledgeable.

And even JPG...
Nothing can be made foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

--
Amedee Van Gasse

Reveal Codes BAW Microsoft Word Help 2 June 7th 05 03:38 PM
Is there a Fast Search in Word? [email protected] New Users 14 February 11th 05 08:43 PM