Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chad Chad is offline

Default Gobbledegook/code

My partner has a seperate log-on, all her docs have changed to gobbledegook.
Sample:
|]SŽÓ, º&Ú "¡ÖSYÄ= è ¡´ñ}"ç×ÅS7Ò\ z%wT4ú* jоID.Î *:x*«ï%±ö
ÀÃV{`ä/t'½] j_w÷ ¬P^A¤Ä=9±zyC@+óu »jÔáÈ *Í@EŒdÆ D Wœ2ï-Cÿ|ãG Û)Ýß*2
ñ}nÎC.£Ì'CV X¸ ˜ŸÁ¨@üîO}¤
None of my docs are affected. What has happened & how can I correct it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Iceman Iceman is offline

In this group Chad wrote in message

My partner has a seperate log-on, all her docs have changed to
gobbledegook.
Sample:
]SŽÓ, º&Ú "¡ÖSYÄ= è
¡´ñ}"ç×ÅS7Ò\ z%wT4ú* jоID.Î :x
«ï%±ö

ÀÃV{`ä/t'½] j_w÷ ¬P^A¤Ä=9±zyC@+óu »jÔáÈ
Í@EŒdÆ D Wœ2ï-Cÿ|ãG Û)Ýß*2 ñ}nÎC.£Ì'CV X¸
˜ŸÁ¨@üîO}¤
None of my docs are affected. What has happened & how can I correct
it?

Does that apply only to her Word docs, and not to her e-mail, browser, etc.?
In the latter case I would suspect a corrupt user account.

Check the Language settings in Word, and see if they are still set to the
preferred language.