Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
daisy daisy is offline

Default Copy picture from word 2003 to word 2007

When I copy a document with a picture from 2003 to 2007 the picture ends up
with what looks like a bunch of lines - horizontal. Any way to get rid of
this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shane Carpenter Shane Carpenter is offline

Your best bet would be to right click the picture in your 2003 document and
save the picture to your computer. After this is completed, open Word 2007
and click insert picture. Now browse your computer and find that picture you
saved. I'm surprised this happened, but I'm guessing its a compatibility
issue between 2003 and 2007.

"Daisy" wrote:

When I copy a document with a picture from 2003 to 2007 the picture ends up
with what looks like a bunch of lines - horizontal. Any way to get rid of
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shane Carpenter Shane Carpenter is offline

Another thing you could try would be to copy the text part of the document
and paste it to the 2007. Then copy the picture individually and try pasting
it that way to 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

That would be a good trick! If it was possible
http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm

"Shane Carpenter" wrote in
message ...

"Daisy" wrote:

When I copy a document with a picture from 2003 to 2007 the picture ends
up
with what looks like a bunch of lines - horizontal. Any way to get rid
of
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
daisy daisy is offline

Thanks to everybody, but it really appears to be a compatibility issue and
the limitations of 07.

Cheers