Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MeMoiMatt MeMoiMatt is offline

Default Word 2007 doppelgänger issues

An extremely annoying feature I am experiencing with Word 2007 is the fact
that I open and correctly save a document. Upon my desktop from time to time
there appears a translucent shadow copy of the Original document (this
"shadow copy" has minor name changes thereon). When I click on the shadow
copy an error dialog box appears, stating that the document cannot be opened
because of the original document cannot be found. By default, I save my docs
to the desktop and move 'em later.
Further, I open a[ny] Word 2007 document and attempt to amend said document
by either cutting and pasting text or typing text. The problem is when I
click to save a dialog box appears stating I have to rename a Read Only file.
I did NOT ask Word to do this. What are the solutions--are they related?