grebop

Default How do I make an automatic number small caps under Number Format?

The "Small Caps" option is grayed-out when editing the Number Format of the
automatic number itself (e.g. Section 1.01). Does anyone know why this is
the case or how to work around it without resorting to Listnum fields?

Tony Jollans

Yes, very odd. If you set small caps on in code it doesn't have a visible
effect, but if you then go into the dialog you will see it shows 'correctly'
in the number format textbox but not in the sample. It's a standard font
property that is being deliberately ignored rather than just accepted by
default - I cannot imagine why - and there appears to be no way round it.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It obviously hasn't occurred to anyone that some "numbers" are letters, so
it is assumed that Small Caps wouldn't apply to numbering.

so
all may benefit.

"grebop" wrote in message
The "Small Caps" option is grayed-out when editing the Number Format of

the
automatic number itself (e.g. Section 1.01). Does anyone know why this

is
the case or how to work around it without resorting to Listnum fields?

Moreover, the standard workaround for applying formatting to numbering
(applying the formatting to the paragraph mark of the numbered paragraph)
has no effect here.

"Tony Jollans" No Mail wrote in message
Yes, very odd. If you set small caps on in code it doesn't have a visible
effect, but if you then go into the dialog you will see it shows

'correctly'
in the number format textbox but not in the sample. It's a standard font
property that is being deliberately ignored rather than just accepted by
default - I cannot imagine why - and there appears to be no way round it.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It obviously hasn't occurred to anyone that some "numbers" are letters,

so
it is assumed that Small Caps wouldn't apply to numbering.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.