Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
On Request On Request is offline

Default Right Click| New| Microsoft Word Document does not have my preferred settings

My line spacing and page layout choices are not remembered if I Right Click|
New| Microsoft Word Document. They *are* remembered if I create a New
Blank document from the Word button. My Normal.dotm template has my
preferred settings. It acts as if the Right Click method does not adhere
to my Normal.dotm template. Any hints on where to look to make sure my
Right Click method comes up with my preferred settings? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

When you create a new Word document by right-clicking the Normal template is
not used, which explains what you are seeing. MVP Herb Tyson has suggested a
Registry hack to fix this, at least partially, in the article at
http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com/2...dows-explorer/.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"On Request" wrote in message
My line spacing and page layout choices are not remembered if I Right
Click| New| Microsoft Word Document. They *are* remembered if I create a
New Blank document from the Word button. My Normal.dotm template has my
preferred settings. It acts as if the Right Click method does not adhere
to my Normal.dotm template. Any hints on where to look to make sure my
Right Click method comes up with my preferred settings? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Glad I could help. :-)

--