Melissa

Default How do I copy certain text from a protected document?

I have a protected word document that contains a table. I'd like to copy
some of the information in one of the columns but not all of it.
Unfortunately, since the document is protected when I highlight the text it
automatically highlights all of the text. I've tried holding down the shift
key but that only highlights the next column.

Any ideas?
Jay Freedman

Melissa wrote:
I have a protected word document that contains a table. I'd like to
copy some of the information in one of the columns but not all of it.
Unfortunately, since the document is protected when I highlight the
text it automatically highlights all of the text. I've tried holding
down the shift key but that only highlights the next column.

Any ideas?

You'll have to unprotect the document in order to select anything that isn't
within a single formfield.

To reprotect the document without losing the contents of the formfields, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...lfResetOff.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman