Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Marie Marie is offline

Default Tables

I have created a table in Word which is located on the left side of the page.
I want to duplicate the table on the right side so that I will have 2 of the
same table on one page. Can you tell me how to do this?
--
Marie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
BARRY BARRY is offline

Hello, Maria.

This is how I do it (there may be a simpler way):

1. Copy the entire table to the clipboard.
2. Use the "Columns" command of the "Format" menu to create two columns on
page.
3. Position your cursor just under your table.
4. Select "Break..." from the "Insert" menu, click on "Column Break" and
click "OK".
5. Position your cursor in the new, right-hand column.
6. Paste your table in the new place.

HTH

--
Barry Carroll

(Cleverly disguised as a trained SW engineer.)
---------
Datalogic Scanning, Inc. assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any
statements made by me. I''m entirely on my own here.

"Marie" wrote:

I have created a table in Word which is located on the left side of the page.
I want to duplicate the table on the right side so that I will have 2 of the
same table on one page. Can you tell me how to do this?
--
Marie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tom Conrad Tom Conrad is offline

Marie,

You didn't identify your word version. Tables can be placed side by side
using page columns, as Barry recommended, or by using text boxes or text
frames. Each method has advantages and disadvantages.

Before describing the text box/frame variations, will text pass between
tables?
If not you could create a single table spanning the page width, yet leave a
blank central column. For example, if your two identical tables consist of 4
columns, then create a single 9 col table. The width of the central column
would set the spacing between the other table columns. The borders of the
central column should be turned off. Inserting text above the table will push
the table down the page. If your table has a header row, then the single
table simulating side-by-side tables can also span pages and retain its
formatting. This method ensures that all rows stay in alignment.

=== Text box /text frame method.
- Insert a text box on the page, set the height and width.
- Insert your table into the text box.
- Size and resize the table/text box to meet your needs. The text box
probably has a border, which you will turn off as one of the last steps of
the process.
- Format your table.
Select, and paste a copy of the text box on the right side of the page.
Align the tops of the two text boxes. You will need to set the text wrapping
and layout properties of the text boxes to meet your needs.

right click on the text box, select format text box, select the layout tab,
set your options. Set advanced picture positioning and text wrapping
properties under the advanced button

Not all versions of word supported the text box option, they used text
frames.
A text box can be converted to a text frame.
right click on the text box, select format text box, select the text box
tab, select the convert to frame button After conversion to a text frame,
you may need to reset the frame's properties.

There are lots of text box and text frame help documents on the MVP websites
here are two links
http://wordtips.vitalnews.com/Pages/T0682_Converting_a_Text_Box_to_a_Frame.html

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051893331033.aspx

--