Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rianh Rianh is offline

Default FUNCTION KEYS

I am using microsoft office 2007, i used to use the F8 key to highlight words
at a time, by pressing F8 and then the control and arrow key to the left,
right or up and down for solid block highlighting - i don't know what i have
done but it is not working now and also when i try to use Control and an
arrow key just to move cursor by a word it is not working - any ideas? Also
when I press F8 key now it jumps to a different programme on my computer?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You'll need to look in your laptop's documentation, or ask the
manufacturer. This isn't a Word thing.

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

"Rianh" wrote in message
I am using microsoft office 2007, i used to use the F8 key to highlight
words
at a time, by pressing F8 and then the control and arrow key to the left,
right or up and down for solid block highlighting - i don't know what i
have
done but it is not working now and also when i try to use Control and an
arrow key just to move cursor by a word it is not working - any ideas?
Also
when I press F8 key now it jumps to a different programme on my computer?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There will be such a key on all keyboards that have dual function f keys. It
is called F Lock on Microsoft keyboards, but could be called something else
on other keyboards - however the issue of the CTRL key could suggest
something different at play. Maybe Windows accessibilty options Sticky Keys?