Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RoundHouseJim RoundHouseJim is offline

Default How to catalog existing and create new Word page borders

Is there a way to catalog the existing page borders in Word? And is there a
way to create new artwork for page borders in Word? Further, how could these
borders be applied to text boxes or other graphic objects?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 08:36:01 -0700, RoundHouseJim
wrote:

Is there a way to catalog the existing page borders in Word? And is there a
way to create new artwork for page borders in Word? Further, how could these
borders be applied to text boxes or other graphic objects?

The existing page borders don't exist anywhere outside the program
file itself, and there's no way to add anything to that list. I'm not
sure what you mean by "catalog", but I suspect your only option here
is to take a series of screen shots of the dialog while displaying the
Borders dialog and scrolling through the list.

For making page borders with other artwork, or using them with other
types of text, you have to fake it. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BorderArt.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

wrote:

Is there a way to catalog the existing page borders in Word? And is there a
way to create new artwork for page borders in Word? Further, how could these
borders be applied to text boxes or other graphic objects?

The existing page borders don't exist anywhere outside the program
file itself, and there's no way to add anything to that list. I'm not
sure what you mean by "catalog", but I suspect your only option here
is to take a series of screen shots of the dialog while displaying the
Borders dialog and scrolling through the list.

For making page borders with other artwork, or using them with other
types of text, you have to fake it. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BorderArt.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Thanks -- that's what I was afraid of. It's just that some of the borders
are so neat--- It's a shame that they aren't readily usable elsewhere, and
that end-user inventions do not have a ready availablility to others.
There's an awful lot of creativity out there/here/somewhere.