Bur

Default Can I import a pdf document into Word (office 2003)?

I need to do some editing on it, and I hate using Adobe.
CyberTaz

Even though you can insert a .pdf as an object, Word will not be able to Edit
it. In order for Word to enable editing of a file it must be able to Open the
file. That is one of the attractions of .pdfs... they cannot be easily
modified.

HTH |:)

I need to do some editing on it, and I hate using Adobe.

Trudy

If you have an ocr system or application, that will "convert" the image to
text and allow you to open and edit in Word. Lots of cleanup might be
necessary.

I need to do some editing on it, and I hate using Adobe.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michelle King Michelle King is offline

i want to update this thread and say that if you have adobe standard 8, it
will convert (using the export feature) the graphics and text over. still a
lot of clean up, but a time saver in some cases.

make sure that the adobe software opens the file as a pdf and not as a jpg
or it will only export as a graphic.

don't know why it does this... it just does.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Botanychild Botanychild is offline

Can you explain how to use this process?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You appear to have found an old message thread to post into, so old that I
cannot find it in the Google archive, so I only have the subject to go on.
You cannot 'import' a PDF document into Word, you can only insert a single
page, or the first page of a multipage PDF as an object. Insert Object
from File.

Botanychild wrote:
Can you explain how to use this process?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michelle King Michelle King is offline

you can't see the whole thread? i don't use google... i can view it directly
from the office discussion groups home site.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Most of the people, myself included, who answer questions in this forum do
not use the office discussions groups home site either.