Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lynn Lynn is offline

Default Table of Content - level 4 acts differently

I have a table of content with 4 levels. I'm used to create document
templates, format templates, table of contents using my own templates. so
this really bugs me. Whn comparing each format "content 1" a.s.o. they are
all the same (except from space above, type size and indentation due to my
choices). To me there's no logical reason for level 4 to act differently.

(I'm sorry if not all the terminology is super correct. I translate from
Swedish.)

Under Insert References Index and register flap Table of Content
I have marked "Show page number" and "Adjust to the right, page number".
Tab filling is .... (dotted line).
Format is "Template".
Show levels: "4".

Under Alternatives I've marked the correct 4 headlines (an unmarked the
incorrect ones):
"Format templates" is marked,
as well as "Disposition levels".

Table of Content is correct in every way, except from one thing: Level 4 has
no dotted line, and the page number is not to the right.

Is this a bug in the program, or have I missed an essential adjustment (but
there shouldn't be, since basic adjustments for level 4 is the same as for
1-3).

--
Lynn
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

In the Table of Contents dialog, click on the Modify button and then modify
the formatting of the TOC 4 style.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lynn" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

The usual reason for this is a misplaced or missing tab stop in the TOC 4
style. As Doug suggests, you can modify the TOC style to add the necessary
tab stop (right-aligned, with period leader) at the right margin.