Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FormGuy

Default Word Form resets when opened

I've used a macro to set the protectiontype property to wdAllowOnlyReading
AND I've set NoReset:=TRUE on a document.

I saved the filled out form.

On one computer running MS WORD 2003, the form is reset.
On two other computers (word 2003 installed) the form is not reset.

How do you stop Word from resetting the form?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Rm9ybUd1eQ==?=,

I've used a macro to set the protectiontype property to wdAllowOnlyReading
AND I've set NoReset:=TRUE on a document.

I saved the filled out form.

On one computer running MS WORD 2003, the form is reset.
On two other computers (word 2003 installed) the form is not reset.

How do you stop Word from resetting the form?

wdAllowOnlyReading is not appropriate for a form using form fields from the
Forms toolbar. You need to use wdAllowOnlyFormFields. And please note that
the NoReset argument applies only to the action of protecting the document.
It does not influence the behavior of the form at any later point.

Form fields in an unprotected form will reset when fields are updated.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org