Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Candy Candy is offline

Default When I paste text between documents the formatting gets messed up

In Word for PC (2003 presently, also a problem in earlier versions), when I
paste text from one document to another, often the formatting changes
automatically--different font, font size, bold/underline, etc., line spacing.
Then I have to change all the settings back to the original manually which
takes forever. I've been coping with this for years and am sick of it!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JudyV JudyV is offline

Candy wrote:
In Word for PC (2003 presently, also a problem in earlier versions), when I
paste text from one document to another, often the formatting changes
automatically--different font, font size, bold/underline, etc., line spacing.
Then I have to change all the settings back to the original manually which
takes forever. I've been coping with this for years and am sick of it!

I am using Word 2003 SP2 and the same thing is happening with most but
not all of my documents. Have you been able to find an answer? I have
tried many different things to attempt to solve this but nothing seems
to work. Initially I was only having problems with automatic numbered
lists, but now the font size has changed and all my styles are screwed
up. Where can we get help for this?
JV