Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
FreaKing FreaKing is offline

Default Protecting certain cells.

Hi guys.
I just would like to know if there is a way of protecting only certain
cells in a table from being edited and the others to be edited at free will,
without using code?
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Try this: In the Document Protection task pane (Word 2003) or the Restrict
Formatting and Editing task pane (Word 2007), choose "No changes (Read
only)" under "Editing restrictions." Then mark as "Exceptions" the areas
that you want users to be able to edit. When you are done, click the Yes,
Start Enforcing Protection button.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"FreaKing" wrote in message
Hi guys.
I just would like to know if there is a way of protecting only certain
cells in a table from being edited and the others to be edited at free
will,
without using code?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Redsphynx Redsphynx is offline

Thanks, this has helped me greatly... but now when I print it leaves marks
where you can enter text. How do I get these markers not to print out.

"FreaKing" wrote in message
Hi guys.
I just would like to know if there is a way of protecting only certain
cells in a table from being edited and the others to be edited at free
will,
without using code?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Hmm, I cannot reproduce this. When I test it, the highlighting (applied by
Word) does not print. Are you sure that you didn't inadvertently apply
shading to the text?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"FreaKing" wrote in message
Hi guys.
I just would like to know if there is a way of protecting only certain
cells in a table from being edited and the others to be edited at free
will,
without using code?
Thanks!

I need help with locking or protecting cells. Marc[_2_] New Users 1 April 24th 07 12:15 AM
Protecting Cells Baggy Tables 2 March 26th 06 11:45 PM
Protecting cells The Big Smelly Ogre Tables 2 March 2nd 06 04:31 PM
Protecting certain cells in a table HT New Users 1 September 2nd 05 06:37 AM
protecting cells in a table DeniseD Tables 1 February 10th 05 04:52 PM