Full path of the file is too long error message

Old October 13th 14, 05:49 PM
getlinkz getlinkz is offline

Originally Posted by MikeR-Oz View Post
Error message when I try to open a Word 2003 file on a stand alone PC that I
have created- How to fix please?

The full path of the file 'Ass.........-.......' is too long. Please try
using the 'Map Network drive' command to connect to the server to shorten the
path.

Regards

Mike
hello
this is long path problem if you want to solve it by manually than short
the length but if you are unable by manually use a tool that is for solving long path, use it

Old November 3rd 14, 07:18 AM
getlinkz getlinkz is offline

Hello
long path problem can be solved by using _long_path. tool.

_________________
Old December 1st 14, 12:23 PM
getlinkz getlinkz is offline

Originally Posted by bob.marty View Post
I had the similiar problem and finally I found solution as
hello

if the file is longer like more than 256 character than this type problem appears but it can be solve by shorting the path.
Old December 25th 14, 09:09 AM
patrick8 patrick8 is offline

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR-Oz View Post
Error message when I try to open a Word 2003 file on a stand alone PC that I
have created- How to fix please?

The full path of the file 'Ass.........-.......' is too long. Please try
using the 'Map Network drive' command to connect to the server to shorten the
path.

Regards

Mike
Hi Miker-Oz.

I suggest to try "Long Path Tool" program .

before I have problem cannot copy file because file name too long on Windows 7. and after I found long path tool and now my problem solved

Thanks

Patrick
Old July 22nd 19, 03:51 PM
Alina Valker Alina Valker is offline

Originally Posted by MikeR-Oz View Post
Error message when I try to open a Word 2003 file on a stand alone PC that I
have created- How to fix please?

The full path of the file 'Ass.........-.......' is too long. Please try
using the 'Map Network drive' command to connect to the server to shorten the
path.

Regards

Mike
Hi Mike,
You can use LonPathTool to solve this issue. I've always been using this tool whenever I faced this issue and it always unlock the file.