A Microsoft Word forum. Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter forum » Microsoft Word Newsgroups » Microsoft Word Help
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

partly cut off letters in text boxes



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 21st 05, 01:09 AM
Beagle1245
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default partly cut off letters in text boxes

Hi. When I justify italic text in text boxes (I'm writing captions for
photos), some letters on the right hand side of the box are partly cut off
(for example the top of the letter 'f', as it sticks out slightly). Resizing
the text box doesn't make any difference, the problem still occurs. Does
anyone know a way to fix this?

Thanks for you time,

Chris
Ads
  #2  
Old January 21st 05, 01:42 AM
Suzanne S. Barnhill
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

This is a known problem. I don't know whether it occurs in all versions on
all platforms or only with certain printer drivers or what, but I haven't
seen any good workarounds. If you're willing to settle for a bad workaround,
add a nonbreaking space to the end of each line (before the ordinary space).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Beagle1245" wrote in message
...
Hi. When I justify italic text in text boxes (I'm writing captions for
photos), some letters on the right hand side of the box are partly cut off
(for example the top of the letter 'f', as it sticks out slightly).

Resizing
the text box doesn't make any difference, the problem still occurs. Does
anyone know a way to fix this?

Thanks for you time,

Chris


  #3  
Old January 21st 05, 08:11 AM
Beagle1245
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thanks for your response, Suzanne, it's good to know it's not something
obvious, at least. Could you tell me what a nonbreaking space is, and how I
can add them?

Cheers,

Chris

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This is a known problem. I don't know whether it occurs in all versions on
all platforms or only with certain printer drivers or what, but I haven't
seen any good workarounds. If you're willing to settle for a bad workaround,
add a nonbreaking space to the end of each line (before the ordinary space).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Beagle1245" wrote in message
...
Hi. When I justify italic text in text boxes (I'm writing captions for
photos), some letters on the right hand side of the box are partly cut off
(for example the top of the letter 'f', as it sticks out slightly).

Resizing
the text box doesn't make any difference, the problem still occurs. Does
anyone know a way to fix this?

Thanks for you time,

Chris



  #4  
Old January 21st 05, 08:35 AM
garfield-n-odie
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

A non-breaking space is entered by pressing Ctrl+Shift+space. Word treats a
non-breaking space as letter instead of a space, and when one is placed at
the end of a line, it creates a bit of extra space between the last real
letter and the right margin (or in this case, the right side of the text
box).

"Beagle1245" wrote:

Thanks for your response, Suzanne, it's good to know it's not something
obvious, at least. Could you tell me what a nonbreaking space is, and how I
can add them?

Cheers,

Chris

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This is a known problem. I don't know whether it occurs in all versions on
all platforms or only with certain printer drivers or what, but I haven't
seen any good workarounds. If you're willing to settle for a bad workaround,
add a nonbreaking space to the end of each line (before the ordinary space).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Beagle1245" wrote in message
...
Hi. When I justify italic text in text boxes (I'm writing captions for
photos), some letters on the right hand side of the box are partly cut off
(for example the top of the letter 'f', as it sticks out slightly).

Resizing
the text box doesn't make any difference, the problem still occurs. Does
anyone know a way to fix this?

Thanks for you time,

Chris



  #5  
Old July 5th 19, 07:31 PM
lidda lidda is offline
Junior Member
 
First recorded activity by WordBanter: Jul 2019
Posts: 0
Default

Good afternoon, these days I had this same problem when I want to justify the text and did not know how to solve it, and I searched the browser and found this forum that I find very interesting because it always has what we need, really thank you very much for the support that they have given us in this forum, I have already managed to resolve my doubts with their help.
  #6  
Old October 4th 19, 12:19 AM
lidda03 lidda03 is offline
Junior Member
 
First recorded activity by WordBanter: Oct 2019
Posts: 0
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfield-n-odie View Post
A non-breaking space is entered by pressing Ctrl+Shift+space. Word treats a
non-breaking space as letter instead of a space, and when one is placed at
the end of a line, it creates a bit of extra space between the last real
letter and the right margin (or in this case, the right side of the text
box).

"Beagle1245" wrote:

Thanks for your response, Suzanne, it's good to know it's not something
obvious, at least. Could you tell me what a nonbreaking space is, and how I
can add them?

Cheers,

Chris

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This is a known problem. I don't know whether it occurs in all versions on
all platforms or only with certain printer drivers or what, but I haven't
seen any good workarounds. If you're willing to settle for a bad workaround,
add a nonbreaking space to the end of each line (before the ordinary space).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Beagle1245" wrote in message
...
Hi. When I justify italic text in text boxes (I'm writing captions for
photos), some letters on the right hand side of the box are partly cut off
(for example the top of the letter 'f', as it sticks out slightly).

Resizing
the text box doesn't make any difference, the problem still occurs. Does
anyone know a way to fix this?

Thanks for you time,

Chris


This forum has been very helpful, here I find what I am looking for and even more. Thanks and regards
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Text boxes KK Microsoft Word Help 4 February 10th 06 02:48 PM
text boxes: tabbing and tables Cynthia Microsoft Word Help 3 January 15th 05 04:12 PM
how do i insert boxes in text (to check off later when printed)? creating check boxes Microsoft Word Help 1 December 19th 04 01:46 PM
Retain editable images and allow text boxes in a form PW protected Shannon Microsoft Word Help 2 December 8th 04 04:37 PM
Text boxes in protected Doc, form fields BP522 Microsoft Word Help 5 December 3rd 04 08:55 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.