editing contents of tables and changing column widths

Old September 3rd 08, 01:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gvm

Default editing contents of tables and changing column widths

In the process of working with tables, it often happens that I want to move
to another column and change its width. When I hover the mouse at the top of
the column in order to invoke the arrow that will then allow me to select the
column, the arrow does not appear because the popup formatting window gets in
the way. The problem appears to be that the popup window is being located too
low, ie, if it appeared higher up therefore further away from the table, then
the arrow would be able to appear under it. Is this a known problem? Is there
a way around it? TIA ... Greg
Old September 15th 08, 04:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M.

Hi =?Utf-8?B?Z3Zt?=,

In the process of working with tables, it often happens that I want to move
to another column and change its width. When I hover the mouse at the top of
the column in order to invoke the arrow that will then allow me to select the
column, the arrow does not appear because the popup formatting window gets in
the way. The problem appears to be that the popup window is being located too
low, ie, if it appeared higher up therefore further away from the table, then
the arrow would be able to appear under it. Is this a known problem? Is there
a way around it?

Is this 2007?

I don't see it the way you describe, but pressing ESC will force that popup to
close.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Old September 19th 08, 10:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gvm

Cindy, yes it is 2007. Thanks for the tip about ESC key ... Greg

Hi =?Utf-8?B?Z3Zt?=,