Spaces after footnotes

Old February 3rd 09, 12:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Grae

Default Spaces after footnotes

Hi,

How do I remove the large space that appears between footnotes and the
bottom of the page in Word?

Graeme.

Old February 3rd 09, 01:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Grae

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for your suggestion. I already had the footnotes set to Bottom of
page. I fiddled with the bottom page margin and that helped. I checked the
footer and it does not appear to be overlapping with the white space. I still
however have a white space of about 1-1.5 lines which should not be there
given the margin setting.

Graeme.

Old February 3rd 09, 05:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm, but if the space is
actually below the footnotes and not above, then the article may not help,
as it sounds as if something else is going wrong.

http://word.mvps.org

news

Old February 27th 09, 05:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pascal[_2_]

Dear Suzanne,

I just wanted to know if you managed to find a solution to problem of the
blank below the footnotes. Thanks a lot in advance

Pascal V.

Old March 1st 09, 05:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Don't know all that you've explored, but if there is anything in the footer
area, make sure that the footer spacing (From edge: Footer) in Page Setup -
Layout tab is not set larger than needed.

The other setting that might be giving you too much space is if the
footnote's paragraph After spacing is set too high (Format - Paragraph -
After), or if the line spacing has a multiple setting (Format - Paragraph -
Line spacing).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

Old March 2nd 09, 02:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pascal[_2_]

Thanks Herb. Just to be sure, I went through the procedures you gave but
they're all normal. The blank space appeared while I was working on the
format of the tables in my document. The spacing kept increasing. Thanks in
advance.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm, but if the space
is
actually below the footnotes and not above, then the article may not
help,
as it sounds as if something else is going wrong.

http://word.mvps.org

news Hi Suzanne,

Old March 7th 09, 07:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The more I hear, the more I think the document may be corrupt; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm, but if the
space
is
actually below the footnotes and not above, then the article may not
help,
as it sounds as if something else is going wrong.

http://word.mvps.org

news Hi Suzanne,

Old February 4th 14, 07:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

On Monday, February 2, 2009 3:38:01 PM UTC-8, Grae wrote:
Hi,

How do I remove the large space that appears between footnotes and the
bottom of the page in Word?

Graeme.

In View:Outline mode, select View:Footnotes, and go through the Footnote Separator, Footnote Continuation Separator, and Footnote Continuation Notice formats from the pull-down list, and make sure each one does not have any extra paragraph returns at the bottom. I tried that, and it removed the extra spaces from the bottom of all my footnotes.