Mergefields

Old September 3rd 06, 10:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl

Default Mergefields

How would I insert a mergefield that says if the "city" field is blank, then
"the world." I don't really have such a problem, but I'm just trying to get
the hang of this situation. I was just flying through other mergefield
practice moments, but I got some sort of block on this one.

Thank you--again!
Old September 4th 06, 01:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Herb Tyson [MVP]

If would look something like this:

{ if {mergefield City}= "" "the world" "{mergefield city}"}

Note that {} are not braces you type, but are inserted by pressing Ctrl+F9.
You can create most of this field using the Insert Word Field tool in the
Mail Merge toolbar, but you'd need to add the {mergefield city} part between
the last two quotes, manually.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Island Girl" wrote in message
How would I insert a mergefield that says if the "city" field is blank,
then
"the world." I don't really have such a problem, but I'm just trying to
get
the hang of this situation. I was just flying through other mergefield
practice moments, but I got some sort of block on this one.

Thank you--again!

Display text if a group of mergefields are blank [email protected] Mailmerge 1 August 11th 06 03:17 PM
Merging data with INSERTTEXT and MERGEFIELDs James Mailmerge 7 February 9th 06 02:14 PM
Replace mergefields with form fields jassi_Hayre Mailmerge 1 August 16th 05 10:49 PM
Moving mergefields ... Ger Mailmerge 1 July 21st 05 06:47 PM
Working with Mergefields Duncan McDonald New Users 1 November 25th 04 02:25 PM