CJW

Default How do I use word field when field is sometimes blank?

I am doing merge letters and need to know what I do when one of the fields is
sometimes null.
Jezebel

You don't normally need to do anything. By default, Word ignores empty
fields.

"CJW" wrote in message
I am doing merge letters and need to know what I do when one of the fields
is
sometimes null.

Graham Mayor

It is not usually the empty field that is the problem but the associated
spaces. You may need to place the field and its associated space or line
feed conditionally eg

{IF {Mergefield fieldname} "" "{Mergefield fieldname} "}
or
{IF {Mergefield fieldname} "" "{Mergefield fieldname}
"}