delete key performing function of strikethrough

Old April 11th 08, 08:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vittani

Default delete key performing function of strikethrough

i just bought the office home and student edition 2007 (service desk edition)
software today.

I have two instances that confuse me. I have highlighted some text in a word
document. The text had been pasted from either the internet or another of my
documents, i then tried to delete a section. Both the delete key and the
backspace key were tried. Neither of them removed the text in this case. Each
one highlighted the text red and applied the strike through function. When
clicking in this section it says that the text has been deleted but it is
still present. Could someone please tell me how t turn this off and just
perform an old fashioned delete?

Also the program seems to give me a running commentary on the formatting i
have performed, i.e. if i have changed the colour of the text. Could someone
please tell me how to turn this off.
Old April 11th 08, 08:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

You have the Tracked Changes feature turned on (probably as a result of
mistakenly pressing Ctrl+Shift+E). The feature is described in the Help, and
also at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html.

To turn it off so no more changes will be marked this way, press
Ctrl+Shift+E again, or click the Review tab on the ribbon and click the
Track Changes button.

To remove the tracking that is already in the document, while already
showing the Review ribbon, click the down arrow on the Accept button and
choose "Accept all changes in document".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman