Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeff55 Jeff55 is offline

Default centering text

I can no longer find the icon to center text...Word help says go to format
and find "center" and click BUT I don't find "center" under that
heading...what do I do??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you are referring to the Formatting toolbar, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...oreMenuCmd.htm.
Alternatively, use the Ctrl+E keyboard shortcut.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jeff55" wrote in message
I can no longer find the icon to center text...Word help says go to
format
and find "center" and click BUT I don't find "center" under that
heading...what do I do??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

In the meantime you can highlight your text and use CTRL + E to center it.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Jeff55" wrote:

I can no longer find the icon to center text...Word help says go to format
and find "center" and click BUT I don't find "center" under that
heading...what do I do??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KenR KenR is offline

Jeff55;7347801 Wrote:
I can no longer find the icon to center text...Word help says go to
format
and find "center" and click BUT I don't find "center" under that
heading...what do I do??

As far as I can see, this is what you have to do:
1. On the toolbar, go to the down arrow that activates "toolbar
options"
2. Click the arrow, and point to "Add Remove Buttons"
3. Click "Customize"
4. You should be in the "Commands" portion of that menu
5. In the "categories" section highlight "Format"
6. In the "Commands" section, scrowl down to "Center" - this is about
40% of the way down
7. Drag that command to the toolbar you want it on.

Ken

--
KenR

Centering Text Icon Gone Jeff55 Microsoft Word Help 2 March 5th 07 10:00 PM
centering selected text Edmund Microsoft Word Help 1 April 15th 06 11:27 PM
Centering Text BJG Page Layout 1 September 6th 05 12:06 AM
Text centering [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 1 May 18th 05 07:31 PM
centering text Bill New Users 2 April 10th 05 04:40 AM