Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Jollans

Default Search and replace with wildcards

Sorry but I don't know any workaround.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Ben K. Bullock" wrote in message
"Tony Jollans" My Forename at My Surname dot com wrote in message
I was mistaken. The previous time I saw this - and I can still replicate
it - was in documents with Track Changes enabled. Not everyone

experiences
it so there is some other factor but I don't, at the moment, know what

it
is.

Thank you very much for that insight. I went back to the original document
and tried again with "track changes" turned off, and found that now it

does
work correctly, with the space between the Fig. and the number being
inserted correctly. So I assume it's a bug in Word. What is a good
workaround for this kind of bug? If I turn off track changes and do the
change, is it possible to then get the changes recorded?

Anyway, thank you again for your insight.

This newsgroup is a great source of extremely valuable information.