kenworthington

Default Background image that fills the page - How!!!

Help! I'm trying to create an A4 Leaflet that has 3 columns (you know, the
type where you fold it twice to make a 6 sided leaflet). I want to put a
background image that fills the inside 3 pages - I've put a .gif in there no
problem and it looks fine in Word until you go to print preview where there
is a white border around the edge of the page. How do I get rid of this
border so that the image fills the print area but the text remains where it
is? I've tried setting the page border to none but that made no difference at
all. Somebody mentioned setting the page to borderless A4 but I can't see any
options for this.

Somebody please help!!

kenworthington

No, I have a decent photo printer that definately prints full pages of A4 -
I've done it with images and photos many times. The printer can handle it - I
just don't know how to get Word to stop adding the borders!

kenworthington wrote:

Help! I'm trying to create an A4 Leaflet that has 3 columns (you know, the
type where you fold it twice to make a 6 sided leaflet). I want to put a
background image that fills the inside 3 pages - I've put a .gif in there no
problem and it looks fine in Word until you go to print preview where there
is a white border around the edge of the page. How do I get rid of this
border so that the image fills the print area but the text remains where it
is? I've tried setting the page border to none but that made no difference at
all. Somebody mentioned setting the page to borderless A4 but I can't see any
options for this.

Somebody please help!!

garfield-n-odie

What Word shows in print preview is what the printer driver tells
Word that the printer is capable of printing. If you have a full
version of Adobe Acrobat, try converting the Word file to PDF,
and then print the PDF.

kenworthington wrote:

Help! I'm trying to create an A4 Leaflet that has 3 columns (you know, the
type where you fold it twice to make a 6 sided leaflet). I want to put a
background image that fills the inside 3 pages - I've put a .gif in there no
problem and it looks fine in Word until you go to print preview where there
is a white border around the edge of the page. How do I get rid of this
border so that the image fills the print area but the text remains where it
is? I've tried setting the page border to none but that made no difference at
all. Somebody mentioned setting the page to borderless A4 but I can't see any
options for this.

Somebody please help!!

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Ken,

It can depend on your printer on how you set this. In Lexmark/Dell,
for example, you may need to go to File=Page Setup=Paper and choose
'Letter - Borderless' or 'A4 borderless' (the listings aren't
always in alphabetical order).

In other printers it may be in File=Print=[Properties]

=========
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx