Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
elton99999 elton99999 is offline

Default Why does nothing happen I click on a Theme to apply to a doc?

In Word 2007, why does nothing happen when I click on a Theme to apply to a
document -- either a Theme that's built-in or a customized one of mine?

Thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

elton99999 wrote:
In Word 2007, why does nothing happen when I click on a Theme to
apply to a document -- either a Theme that's built-in or a customized
one of mine?

Thanks for any help.

You have to have something in your document that is affected by the Theme
settings. If you override the built-in heading definitions with specific
fonts and/or colors, for example, then changing the Theme won't alter the
appearance of headings. If you want to use Themes, then the font should be
"+Heading" or "+Body" with "Automatic" color, plus other characteristics
such as size/italic/underline.

Themes also affect things like SmartArt and table styles.

Even when you haven't inserted these things in your document, you should be
able to see the differences in the various galleries for Styles, SmartArt,
and so on.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman