Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
danieldc danieldc is offline

Default BUG: Protected document properties are UNprotected at Explorer window

Well, this was really a bad surprise for me.
I just created 5 documents and 1 spreadsheet, all of them using
password to protected the body, allowing users only to fill some
fields (form like documents, uhn )

Well, I put some text at the document properties (madebyme,
atthisdate, myemail, and so on).

I THINK THIS INFORMATION WOULD BE SAFE AND "FIXED" THERE !!!

They are, of course, when accessed by Word/Excel program at menu file/
properties.

But at File Explorer Window (Open/Save window from Word/Excel, or by
Explorer program), a single right click shows the property tab window,
and all those property fields are there, free and open to be changed
by some bad guy!

What kind of protection does the password then?
Almost none, I just discovered.
Why not protect those property-fields like the rest of the document?

It's by these "special features" at Word/Excel/Explorer that there are
so many virus and bad programs running and rulling MS World.

yours, Daniel
from Brazil