Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AJT AJT is offline

Default Error message for Word 2003

Using Windows XP
I recently upgraded from Office 2000 to 2003.
When I open Word I receive the following error message:-

"An error occurred while trying to launch the Remove Hidden Data tool.
Try re-installing."

Tried this without success.
Can anyone advise me on this please?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?QUpU?=,

Using Windows XP
I recently upgraded from Office 2000 to 2003.
When I open Word I receive the following error message:-

"An error occurred while trying to launch the Remove Hidden Data tool.
Try re-installing."

Tried this without success.

If you look in the Windows Control Panel in the Add/Remove Programs
list, do you find an entry for the "Remove Hidden Data" tool? How about
if you uninstall it? (Word 2003 shouldn't need this, as the main
features have been integrated into the application. See
Tools/Options/Security).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org