Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sagara

Default Word wont open with shortcut key

I'm trying to cut down on mouse use, and use key strokes instead. I used to
be able to open Word with a shortcut key selected by right-clicking the Word
icon, selecting PROPERTIES/SHORTCUT KEY and entering a shortcut key sequence
in the SHORTCUT KEY window (e.g. CNTL+ALT+W). But this option no longer
works, despite my entering the correct address in the TARGET window
(C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXE), and entering
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11" in the START IN window. This
has always worked in all the pre-2003 version of Word/Office.
Thanks,
Robert