Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PomkaPomka PomkaPomka is offline

Default How do I get word to narrate my typing?

I'm trying to see if there is a tool in word that will narrate what you type?
Basically, have word read back to you what you've typed or someone else typed
in a document. Sort of like the "narrator" in windows for the disabled.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

PomkaPomka wrote:
I'm trying to see if there is a tool in word that will narrate what
you type? Basically, have word read back to you what you've typed or
someone else typed in a document. Sort of like the "narrator" in
windows for the disabled.

For versions up to Word 2003, see
http://www.gmayor.com/word_text_to_speech.htm.

It has been removed from Office 2007 and moved to the Vista operating
system.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I am not running Word 2007, but feedback to my web site suggests that the
function described there can still work with 2007. Whether this is only true
of a system 'upgraded' from Word 2003 I cannot say.

Jay Freedman wrote:
PomkaPomka wrote:
I'm trying to see if there is a tool in word that will narrate what
you type? Basically, have word read back to you what you've typed or
someone else typed in a document. Sort of like the "narrator" in
windows for the disabled.

For versions up to Word 2003, see
http://www.gmayor.com/word_text_to_speech.htm.

It has been removed from Office 2007 and moved to the Vista operating
system.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Graham,

Yes, Speech to Text (Dictation) was removed from Office 2007 but Excel's Text to Speech (Speak) is still there (although moved to
the items you have to manually add to the QAT).

I suspect that there was enough clamor to keep it that it stayed in, but that by moving it to a five item QAT 'add' that MS will be
able to show the "SQM" data next time to 'prove' it's not needed g.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message ...
I am not running Word 2007, but feedback to my web site suggests that the
function described there can still work with 2007. Whether this is only true
of a system 'upgraded' from Word 2003 I cannot say.

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP